OLD EL PASO – MEX 'N MATCH KITCHEN
- Show off the Old El Paso range in an interactive manner
- Facilitate trial
- Raise awareness of the Mex ‘n’ Match sales promotion offering those who purchase any Old El Paso product and a packet of mince the chance to win one of two Kia cars
Brand Spanking developed the idea of a full kitchen that could be installed in shopping malls allowing a chef and sampling team to provide shoppers with fresh samples and a chance to ask the chef questions. We managed the kitchen design and build and had it installed in several malls around Auckland.
We employed professional chefs to cook up mouth-watering Quesadillas and the sampling team were run off their feet with the queues of shoppers keen to try them. Neighbouring residents to the malls received a flyer enticing them down to visit the Old El Paso kitchen for a tasty sample and free recipe booklet with loads of meal ideas.
- Over 20,000 freshly cooked Quesadillas were sampled to shoppers
- Sales increased by double digit percentages in nearby supermarkets
- Great feedback from consumers, mall managers and, most importantly, the happy client
- Kitchen reskinned and used for a similar campaign for General Mills’ Patak’s brand and retained for future use